May 25, 2018 10:32:41 AM
A Columbus resident faces charges for multiple counts of child exploitation from the state Attorney General's Office.
Cybercrime investigators with the AG's Office arrested Jamie Tracey, 25, on Wednesday, according to a press release. Tracey has been charged with two counts of child exploitation for possession of child pornography.
Investigators, with help from Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, had been investigating suspicious online activity when they found the evidence, the press release said.
The press release identified Tracey as a female because that is how the suspect identifies, a spokesperson with the AG's Office confirmed. However, the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center has the suspect booked as James Tracey, a male.
Special Assistant Attorney General Brandon Ogburn will prosecute the case.
Tracey is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $50,000 bond.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY