June 4, 2018 10:25:45 AM
A Starkville man has been arrested for the third time in a month, according to police.
Starkville Police Department arrested 59-year-old Eddie Parks Jr. on Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor simple assault-domestic violence. Police also arrested 42-year-old Tony Nelson on the same call for the same charge.
According to a department press release, officers responded to a call related to a disturbance at a residence on Nelson Street. Both men were arrested after a brief investigation and taken to the Oktibbeha County Jail.
Parks, who also goes by the nickname "Soon," was arrested twice in May for voyeurism incidents.
He was arrested on May 15 on a felony arrest warrant for voyeurism, trespassing by a "peeping tom" for a May 4 incident at 416 Highway 12 East. Before that, SPD arrested him on May 7 for an April 24 peeping tom incident at 101 Highway 12 East, where he reportedly exposed himself.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office arrested him in July 2014 at a roadblock on a warrant for non-compliance as a sex offender and voyeurism from a June 2014 incident. Details of that incident were not released at the time of Parks' arrest.
He was arrested again in November 2016 for a voyeurism incident two months earlier at the Courtyard Marriott hotel at 100 Mercantile St., and an October 2016 residential burglary in Longview.
Both men were still in jail as of Monday morning, according to jail personnel.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY