June 7, 2018 11:11:26 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for alleged domestic violence.
Investigators with Columbus Police Department arrested Kent McGregory, 58, of 1601 Sixth Ave. S., near his home on Tuesday. He is charged with one count of domestic aggravated assault.
The victim, who is dating McGregory, said she was in an argument with McGregory when he assaulted her. She was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she was treated and released for non life-threatening injuries.
McGregory is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond was denied because of a MDOC hold related to a previous conviction for possession of cocaine.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY