June 7, 2018 11:07:51 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Lowndes County investigators are holding a local man on suspicion of aggravated assault after he allegedly shot his neighbor's occupied vehicle.
Walter James Lee, 77, of 353 East Railroad Dr., turned himself in to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Wednesday evening shorty after he allegedly shot at his neighbors. The victim reported he had been sitting in his parked vehicle in his driveway with his 1-year-old daughter when Lee began firing at the vehicle from his front porch, LCSO Capt. Greg Wright said.
The victims were not seriously injured, though Wright said the child had a "small fresh scratch" on her forehead.
Though Lee had not been formally charged by press time Thursday, Wright said Lee will be charged with three counts of aggravated assault and one count of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY