July 9, 2018 11:14:51 AM
A New Hope teenager missing since June 29 was found over the weekend and is safe, although no other details have been released.
Donavon Prather, 16, of 90 Beatty Road, was reported missing by his parents a week ago, prompting investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office to release a description of the teen, asking for the public's help in finding him.
A LCSO press release last week said Prather had last been seen in a four-door silver or gray Grand Marquise with an unknown white female and a young girl. They were in the New Hope area driving toward Ethelsville, Alabama.
LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said Monday that the investigation into the incident is continuing, but offered no further information.
"The courts have told us that when a juvenile is involved, we are not to release any information," Miley said.
1. County 'blindsides' city with increased tax collection fee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CHS championship basketball coach leaves after one year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for allegedly molesting child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two injured when car crashes into Subway COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Woman arrested after allegedly attacking husband for third time this year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY