July 10, 2018 6:22:33 PM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A teenager who was reported missing Tuesday afternoon is safe and with her family, according to authorities.
OCSO Lt. Brett Watson confirmed at about 8:10 p.m. that 18-year-old Geniya S. Jackson was safe and with her family. Jackson had been missing after entering a wooded area near Camps Airport Road at about 1:45 p.m.
At about 7 p.m., Watson confirmed that OCSO has called off a land search after receiving credible information that Jackson hitchhiked into Starkville. He said she was believed to have gone to the Clayton Village area, in east Starkville.
Roughly an hour later, Watson said Jackson was found in Starkville by a family member. He said she's been reunited with her family and was unharmed.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY