June 21, 2010 2:39:00 PM
Bond was set at $1 million for a man accused in a fatal shooting at a Columbus nightclub.
Marshall Ray Burgin, 25, of 1810 14th Ave. N., appeared before Municipal Court Judge Curtis Austin Monday morning for a bond hearing. Burgin was arrested June 14 in Prairieville, La., and charged with murder in the April shooting death of Quentin Spencer at the Everyday Club and Lounge. He was extradited back to Columbus Friday.
Burgin is currently being held in the Lowndes County Detention Center. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 15.
Columbus Police officials report Burgin has not retained a lawyer.
who cares commented at 6/22/2010 4:22:00 PM:
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY