June 21, 2010 2:39:00 PM
Bond was set at $1 million for a man accused in a fatal shooting at a Columbus nightclub.
Marshall Ray Burgin, 25, of 1810 14th Ave. N., appeared before Municipal Court Judge Curtis Austin Monday morning for a bond hearing. Burgin was arrested June 14 in Prairieville, La., and charged with murder in the April shooting death of Quentin Spencer at the Everyday Club and Lounge. He was extradited back to Columbus Friday.
Burgin is currently being held in the Lowndes County Detention Center. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 15.
Columbus Police officials report Burgin has not retained a lawyer.
who cares commented at 6/22/2010 4:22:00 PM:
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY