June 21, 2010 2:39:00 PM
Bond was set at $1 million for a man accused in a fatal shooting at a Columbus nightclub.
Marshall Ray Burgin, 25, of 1810 14th Ave. N., appeared before Municipal Court Judge Curtis Austin Monday morning for a bond hearing. Burgin was arrested June 14 in Prairieville, La., and charged with murder in the April shooting death of Quentin Spencer at the Everyday Club and Lounge. He was extradited back to Columbus Friday.
Burgin is currently being held in the Lowndes County Detention Center. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 15.
Columbus Police officials report Burgin has not retained a lawyer.
who cares commented at 6/22/2010 4:22:00 PM:
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for fight at grocery store STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY