June 22, 2010 11:40:00 AM
Bond was set at $1 million for a man accused in a fatal shooting at a Columbus nightclub.
Marshall Ray Burgin, 25, of 1810 14th Ave. N., appeared before Municipal Court Judge Curtis Austin Monday morning for a bond hearing. Burgin was arrested June 14 in Prairieville, La., and charged with murder in the April shooting death of Quentin Spencer at the Everyday Club and Lounge. He was extradited back to Columbus Friday.
Burgin is currently being held in the Lowndes County Detention Center. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 15. Columbus Police officials said Monday that Burgin has not retained a lawyer.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY