June 22, 2010 11:40:00 AM
Bond was set at $1 million for a man accused in a fatal shooting at a Columbus nightclub.
Marshall Ray Burgin, 25, of 1810 14th Ave. N., appeared before Municipal Court Judge Curtis Austin Monday morning for a bond hearing. Burgin was arrested June 14 in Prairieville, La., and charged with murder in the April shooting death of Quentin Spencer at the Everyday Club and Lounge. He was extradited back to Columbus Friday.
Burgin is currently being held in the Lowndes County Detention Center. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 15. Columbus Police officials said Monday that Burgin has not retained a lawyer.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY