August 21, 2018 11:04:44 AM
An arrest warrant has been issued for a man believed to be involved in a deadly shooting in West Point over the weekend.
Investigators with West Point Police Department are searching for Brian Bowens, 27, believe to be involved in the death of Aaron Fenton Sunday afternoon, WPPD Chief Avery Cook said. Fenton was in a residential area in the northeast West Point shortly after noon Sunday when he was shot and killed.
Fenton's body has been taken to a crime lab in the Jackson area for autopsy.
Cook said no suspect is in custody but that authorities are looking for Bowen.
Bowens has been arrested six times since 2012, according to Clay County Jail records. He most recently was indicted in July 2017 for aggravated assault on a police officer and drug charges, which were retired to files according to circuit court documents. He is also on parole from Mississippi Department of Corrections for two drug charges in 2014.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY