September 5, 2018 10:56:24 AM
JACKSON -- The Mississippi Highway Patrol says four people died on highways over Labor Day weekend.
Capt. Johnny Poulos says two people died Friday when a driver went the wrong way on Interstate 22 in Union County. That driver, 48-year-old Jerome Young of Nettleton, died. So did a second driver, 79-year-old Mervyn Epsman of Warrior, Alabama. Both died before they could be taken to a hospital.
Also Friday, 64-year-old Dan Williams of Shubuta died in Clarke County while trying to cross U.S. 45. White's pickup was hit by 33-year-old Austin White of West Point. Williams died at a hospital.
Finally, 38-year-old Lucas Arthur of Union died Friday in Newton County when his car left Mississippi 489 and hit a tree, throwing him from the car.
Poulos says officers continue investigating the crashes.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY