September 7, 2018 10:45:02 AM
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Four Mississippi State University students won't go to jail after being accused of stealing memorabilia from the University of Alabama's football building.
All four of the young men were charged with third-degree burglary after an April crime in which people were shown on video taking watches, commemorative coins, a raincoat and a football.
A report shows someone entered through an open door in the building.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that two of the men who were 21 at the time will have their charges dismissed after participating in a pre-trial diversion program.
Case records are now sealed for two other men who were 20, meaning they likely received youthful offender status.
All the missing items were later recovered.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY