September 7, 2018 10:45:22 AM
A shooting at a West Point deli Thursday night has sent one man to a Tupelo hospital.
The shooting occurred on North Division Street at about 10:30 p.m., West Point Police Chief Avery Cook said. The victim was shot in the arm and taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for surgery on ligament damage, Cook said.
Investigators have named Natrell Cox, 19, a person of interest in the shooting. Cook said there is no motive known for the shooting at this time, though he added he did not believe it was a theft or burglary incident.
The shooting is under investigation by West Point Police Department. Anyone with information on Cox's wherabouts is asked to contact West Point Police Department at 662-494-1244 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY