September 10, 2018 9:59:37 AM
A Caledonia man is dead after a Sunday morning wreck on Highway 69.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Sgt. Criss Turnipseed said MHP responded to a one-vehicle crash at about 1:17 a.m. Sunday. According to Turnipseed, a 1993 Honda Accord was southbound on the highway when it left the road and the right side of the intersection.
The vehicle collided with trees and rolled over in front of a private residence. The driver, 37-year-old Van Hunley of Caledonia, was ejected from the vehicle during the wreck.
Turnipseed said Hunley was pronounced dead at the scene.
MHP is investigating the incident.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY