July 10, 2010 5:24:00 PM
Paving operations will continue around Starkville this week, beginning Tuesday morning with the overlay of the following streets: Jarnigan Street, the Montgomery Street/Lampkin Street intersection, Robin Hood Road, Yorkshire Road, South Primrose Lane, Briarwick Drive, Windover Lane and Winterset.
Motorists are encouraged to avoid these sections of roadways if possible as there will be single lane closures and delays, city engineer Edward Kemp said. Additional information on the street overlay schedule will be provided as construction progresses.
Work also will continue on the Reed Road project, which consists of widening construction and storm drainage installation along the east side of the road. Motorists can expect single lane closures and delays. They are encouraged to use alternate routes.
Additionally, crews will be improving intersection ramps along Lampkin and Raymond streets.
1. EMCC's radio station breaking new ground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bulldogs are No. 6 seed in NCAA tourney STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Highway 182 corridor development meeting set STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Photo: Remembering the fallen STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 25 students begin summer job program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY