July 10, 2010 5:24:00 PM
Paving operations will continue around Starkville this week, beginning Tuesday morning with the overlay of the following streets: Jarnigan Street, the Montgomery Street/Lampkin Street intersection, Robin Hood Road, Yorkshire Road, South Primrose Lane, Briarwick Drive, Windover Lane and Winterset.
Motorists are encouraged to avoid these sections of roadways if possible as there will be single lane closures and delays, city engineer Edward Kemp said. Additional information on the street overlay schedule will be provided as construction progresses.
Work also will continue on the Reed Road project, which consists of widening construction and storm drainage installation along the east side of the road. Motorists can expect single lane closures and delays. They are encouraged to use alternate routes.
Additionally, crews will be improving intersection ramps along Lampkin and Raymond streets.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY