October 19, 2018 10:16:14 AM
One person has died and two others were hospitalized following a car accident in Hamilton Thursday afternoon.
Charles Berry, 87, of Hamilton, was driving north on US Highway 45 in Hamilton. When turning onto Hamilton Road, he collided with a Ford van driven by Dori Wells, 51, of Columbus at 12:24 p.m. Wells then collided with a Chevrolet 2500 driven by a Starkville man. The driver of the Chevrolet was not seriously hurt.
Berry was pronounced dead at the scene by Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, according to a Mississippi Highway Patrol press release. Wells was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. A passenger in the van, 33-year-old Aaron Minor, of Amory, was air lifted to a hospital in Tupelo and is in critical condition.
The accident is currently under investigation by MHP.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY