November 15, 2018 10:57:11 AM
A Columbus man is facing multiple charges of child exploitation after authorities say they discovered child pornography in a Dropbox account belonging to him.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Nathaniel Vance Kyles, 28, of 1100 Armstrong Road, Wednesday, according to jail records. Kyles has been charged with three counts of exploitation of children.
LCSO investigators received a "Cybertip" from the Mississippi Attorney General's Office Internet Crimes Against Children Unit leading them to Kyles' Dropbox account, according to arrest affidavits from Lowndes County Justice Court. When investigators got a warrant to search the accounts, they found multiple photos and videos of what appear to be children under the age of 18 in sexually explicit situations.
Kyles has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $45,000 bond.
1. Vibrant Church's $14M expansion nearly complete COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Buying a piece of history: Market for antebellum homes changing in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Kelley selected as Starkville municipal judge STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Council to discuss freeze on travel spending COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Christmas Co-op offers second wave of support to needy families STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY