July 20, 2010 9:33:00 AM
A memorandum of agreement recently signed between Mississippi University for Women''s online college, V3 College, and two Mississippi junior colleges has sealed a long-term partnership among the three institutions.
MUW agreed on a program with Jones County Junior College and Holmes Community College that will allow student technical fields to continue their studies uninterrupted by a switch from a two-year to a four-year school.
MUW has similar agreements with Mississippi Delta and East Mississippi community colleges.
The partnership will allow technical students to pursue a bachelor''s degree by taking courses online.
The courses will offer students the chance to earn a bachelor''s degree from home in 18 months.
Holmes is based in Goodman and Jones is based in Ellisville.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY