July 20, 2010 9:33:00 AM
A memorandum of agreement recently signed between Mississippi University for Women''s online college, V3 College, and two Mississippi junior colleges has sealed a long-term partnership among the three institutions.
MUW agreed on a program with Jones County Junior College and Holmes Community College that will allow student technical fields to continue their studies uninterrupted by a switch from a two-year to a four-year school.
MUW has similar agreements with Mississippi Delta and East Mississippi community colleges.
The partnership will allow technical students to pursue a bachelor''s degree by taking courses online.
The courses will offer students the chance to earn a bachelor''s degree from home in 18 months.
Holmes is based in Goodman and Jones is based in Ellisville.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS