July 22, 2010 10:42:00 AM
ABERDEEN -- Two suspects took lie-detector tests this week after traces of gasoline were found at the scene of a fatal fire in Aberdeen last Thursday.
Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle said he''s still waiting on results, but he administered a polygraph to two men who were the first people on the scene at 403 Hardy St., where an early morning fire claimed the life of Larry James Rogers, 52.
The Aberdeen Fire Department is investigating the fire as a possible arson after they firefighters found traces of gasoline where the blaze started.
Randle said a toxicology report also indicated large amounts of carbon monoxide present in the home.
No charges have been filed, and the two men are not being held in custody.
Rogers was standing in the yard when firefighters arrived, but Aberdeen Coroner Alan Gurley said he went back inside the burning home for unknown reasons. He did not reemerge.
Rogers was pronounced dead at Pioneer Community Hospital at 1:25 a.m. Gurley said the cause was from smoke inhalation and burns, which covered the majority of his body.
1. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sanderson Plumbing seeks buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Lawyers' Row not what it used to be COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY