NMMC-West Point administrator Barry Keel, left, presents the most recent Employee of the Quarter award to Paris Calvert. Photo by: Courtesy photo
January 10, 2019 11:01:57 AM
Paris Calvert of the Security Department has been selected as Employee of the Quarter by his peers at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point.
Calvert joined the hospital staff in 2015 after retiring from the City of West Point. He graduated from West Point High School and attended East Mississippi Community College. He is trained in homeland security and CPR and is a certified umpire.
His nomination cited several examples of his dedication, including walking visitors to their destination rather than giving directions, helping visitors and employees whose cars won't start, suggesting ideas to improve his department and being a good listener.
He has one son, Demontez; three daughters, Kamron, J'Shunna and M'Paris; and a grandson, Haiden. He is a member of Hopewell Baptist Church.
1. Suspect charged with capital murder for Artesia killings COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Triple homicide shocks Artesia COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three dead in Artesia shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MUW confirms on-campus shooting was self-inflicted COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD, others to get back taxes from Sanderson Plumbing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY