July 28, 2010 11:00:00 AM
ODENVILLE, Ala. - A member of the Odenville fire department was placed on administrative leave after two premature stillborn infants were flushed down a toilet.
Investigators recovered the bodies of the twin infants from a septic tank on Friday.
St. Clair County Sheriff Terry Surles says his department''s investigation is continuing.
Coroner Dennis Russell says the babies were not live births and would not have lived if they''d been delivered at a hospital.
Russell says family members did not have anything to do with the disposal of the babies, and that the mother had suffered a miscarriage about 20 weeks into her pregnancy.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY