July 28, 2010 11:00:00 AM
ODENVILLE, Ala. - A member of the Odenville fire department was placed on administrative leave after two premature stillborn infants were flushed down a toilet.
Investigators recovered the bodies of the twin infants from a septic tank on Friday.
St. Clair County Sheriff Terry Surles says his department''s investigation is continuing.
Coroner Dennis Russell says the babies were not live births and would not have lived if they''d been delivered at a hospital.
Russell says family members did not have anything to do with the disposal of the babies, and that the mother had suffered a miscarriage about 20 weeks into her pregnancy.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY