July 28, 2010 11:00:00 AM
ODENVILLE, Ala. - A member of the Odenville fire department was placed on administrative leave after two premature stillborn infants were flushed down a toilet.
Investigators recovered the bodies of the twin infants from a septic tank on Friday.
St. Clair County Sheriff Terry Surles says his department''s investigation is continuing.
Coroner Dennis Russell says the babies were not live births and would not have lived if they''d been delivered at a hospital.
Russell says family members did not have anything to do with the disposal of the babies, and that the mother had suffered a miscarriage about 20 weeks into her pregnancy.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY