July 28, 2010 11:00:00 AM
ODENVILLE, Ala. - A member of the Odenville fire department was placed on administrative leave after two premature stillborn infants were flushed down a toilet.
Investigators recovered the bodies of the twin infants from a septic tank on Friday.
St. Clair County Sheriff Terry Surles says his department''s investigation is continuing.
Coroner Dennis Russell says the babies were not live births and would not have lived if they''d been delivered at a hospital.
Russell says family members did not have anything to do with the disposal of the babies, and that the mother had suffered a miscarriage about 20 weeks into her pregnancy.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY