August 12, 2010 11:59:00 AM
SALINAS, Calif. -- Fresh Express is voluntarily recalling some of its salad products in Mississippi and other states because of a possible health risk from Listeria.
The salad is being pulled from stores after one package tested positive for the bacterium in a sample test conducted by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says no illnesses have been reported.
The recall covers more than 2,800 cases of Fresh Express Veggie Lovers Salad distributed to 13 states, including Mississippi. The recalled salad mix has a product code of I208 and use-by date of August 10.
Fresh Express is part of Cincinnati-based Chiquita Brands.
Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
benito commented at 8/13/2010 1:01:00 PM:
What can someone do if they have ate this already?
doj commented at 8/13/2010 1:34:00 PM:
Got any symptoms like fever, muscle aches, and sometimes gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea or diarrhea, headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, or convulsions. If so, get to a doctor. If not, take two asprins, followed by a quart of bourbon, and call me in the morning.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 8/14/2010 6:20:00 AM:
You could also run for Mayor.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY