August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The Billups-Garth Archives located in the Local History Room at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, 314 Seventh St. N., will re-open to its regular hours starting Monday, Aug. 16.
The hours the Local History Room will return to are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; and Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The summer hours allowed staff to work on numerous projects such as processing collections, department manuals and updating the security of the archives.
Archivist Mona K. Vance said, "We truly appreciate our patrons'' cooperation during our summer hours.
"The various projects we focused on will only enhance the research experience and opportunities for those learning about the history of Lowndes County and the genealogy of its people."
For more information, contact Vance at 662-329-5304.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY