August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The Billups-Garth Archives located in the Local History Room at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, 314 Seventh St. N., will re-open to its regular hours starting Monday, Aug. 16.
The hours the Local History Room will return to are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; and Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The summer hours allowed staff to work on numerous projects such as processing collections, department manuals and updating the security of the archives.
Archivist Mona K. Vance said, "We truly appreciate our patrons'' cooperation during our summer hours.
"The various projects we focused on will only enhance the research experience and opportunities for those learning about the history of Lowndes County and the genealogy of its people."
For more information, contact Vance at 662-329-5304.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY