August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The Billups-Garth Archives located in the Local History Room at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, 314 Seventh St. N., will re-open to its regular hours starting Monday, Aug. 16.
The hours the Local History Room will return to are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; and Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The summer hours allowed staff to work on numerous projects such as processing collections, department manuals and updating the security of the archives.
Archivist Mona K. Vance said, "We truly appreciate our patrons'' cooperation during our summer hours.
"The various projects we focused on will only enhance the research experience and opportunities for those learning about the history of Lowndes County and the genealogy of its people."
For more information, contact Vance at 662-329-5304.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY