August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The Billups-Garth Archives located in the Local History Room at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, 314 Seventh St. N., will re-open to its regular hours starting Monday, Aug. 16.
The hours the Local History Room will return to are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; and Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The summer hours allowed staff to work on numerous projects such as processing collections, department manuals and updating the security of the archives.
Archivist Mona K. Vance said, "We truly appreciate our patrons'' cooperation during our summer hours.
"The various projects we focused on will only enhance the research experience and opportunities for those learning about the history of Lowndes County and the genealogy of its people."
For more information, contact Vance at 662-329-5304.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY