August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The Billups-Garth Archives located in the Local History Room at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, 314 Seventh St. N., will re-open to its regular hours starting Monday, Aug. 16.
The hours the Local History Room will return to are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; and Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The summer hours allowed staff to work on numerous projects such as processing collections, department manuals and updating the security of the archives.
Archivist Mona K. Vance said, "We truly appreciate our patrons'' cooperation during our summer hours.
"The various projects we focused on will only enhance the research experience and opportunities for those learning about the history of Lowndes County and the genealogy of its people."
For more information, contact Vance at 662-329-5304.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY