August 19, 2010 1:46:00 PM
A 26-year-old man pleaded guilty to the 2007 murder of a Noxubee County man this morning in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Terry Clay, also of Noxubee County, was convicted of murder in the stabbing and beating death of his 48-year-old neighbor, Earl Hill.
He was initially charged with capital murder, but was given a reduced charge as part of a plea agreement to testify against co-defendant Sandy Farmer.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY