August 31, 2010 10:32:00 AM
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8:30 a.m. on the MUW campus. Tornado sirens will be activated at 8:15 a.m. to begin the drill.
The purpose of this drill is to test the readiness and capabilities of the emergency response agencies prior to an actual event.
If there is severe weather, the drill will be postponed to avoid confusion.
1. Setting boundaries in homes with firearms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Many Mississippians see midyear insurance cost dip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man arrested in Tenn. for Tabernacle Road home invasion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes elderly beat heat with fans COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CVB board member resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY