August 31, 2010 10:32:00 AM
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8:30 a.m. on the MUW campus. Tornado sirens will be activated at 8:15 a.m. to begin the drill.
The purpose of this drill is to test the readiness and capabilities of the emergency response agencies prior to an actual event.
If there is severe weather, the drill will be postponed to avoid confusion.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY