August 31, 2010 10:32:00 AM
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8:30 a.m. on the MUW campus. Tornado sirens will be activated at 8:15 a.m. to begin the drill.
The purpose of this drill is to test the readiness and capabilities of the emergency response agencies prior to an actual event.
If there is severe weather, the drill will be postponed to avoid confusion.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB instructor killed in Texas crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY