March 24, 2009
Absentee ballots for the May 5 primary election in Columbus now are available at the city registrar''s office in City Hall, located at 523 Main St.
In addition to normal business hours -- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays -- the registrar''s office will be open Saturday, April 25 from 8 a.m. to noon for absentee voting and on May 2 from 8 a.m. to noon for absentee voting and voter registration for the June 2 general election.
Voters must be registered by May 2 to participate in the general election.
The deadline for voting -- in the primary election -- by absentee ballot in the registrar''s office is May 2 at noon.
Absentee ballots mailed to electors must be returned by mail and received by 5 p.m. May 4 to be counted in the primary election.
For more information, contact the registrar''s office at 662-328-2381.
The municipal election primary will be held May 5; if a runoff election is necessary, it will be held May 19.
The general election is June 2; those elected will be sworn into office July 6 and will serve until 2013.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY