October 1, 2010 11:47:00 AM
Hospital Road will be closed Monday between Reed Road and Hiwassee Drive as roadway reconstruction and repaving operations begin.
The section of road will be closed completely to through traffic for two or three weeks, Starkville City Engineer Edward Kemp said. Access to residences and Trinity Presbyterian Church will be maintained throughout the project.
Motorists are encouraged to use Highway 182 or Garrard Road and Jackson Street.
Not far from Hospital Road, widening and repaving work is continuing along Reed Road, from Highway 182 to Hospital Road. Motorists there can expect delays and are encouraged to avoid this roadway if possible.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY