October 1, 2010 11:47:00 AM
Hospital Road will be closed Monday between Reed Road and Hiwassee Drive as roadway reconstruction and repaving operations begin.
The section of road will be closed completely to through traffic for two or three weeks, Starkville City Engineer Edward Kemp said. Access to residences and Trinity Presbyterian Church will be maintained throughout the project.
Motorists are encouraged to use Highway 182 or Garrard Road and Jackson Street.
Not far from Hospital Road, widening and repaving work is continuing along Reed Road, from Highway 182 to Hospital Road. Motorists there can expect delays and are encouraged to avoid this roadway if possible.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY