October 1, 2010 11:47:00 AM
Hospital Road will be closed Monday between Reed Road and Hiwassee Drive as roadway reconstruction and repaving operations begin.
The section of road will be closed completely to through traffic for two or three weeks, Starkville City Engineer Edward Kemp said. Access to residences and Trinity Presbyterian Church will be maintained throughout the project.
Motorists are encouraged to use Highway 182 or Garrard Road and Jackson Street.
Not far from Hospital Road, widening and repaving work is continuing along Reed Road, from Highway 182 to Hospital Road. Motorists there can expect delays and are encouraged to avoid this roadway if possible.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY