October 1, 2010 12:00:00 PM
The 14th annual Golden Triangle Employment Expo is scheduled for Wednesday on the campus of Mississippi University for Women.
More than 50 employers are registered as part of the event, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Pohl Gym.
"We are excited to have most of our area employers and some new additions to our list of venders including Carlisle (Wendy''s), Lowe''s, Severstal, Walmart and American Eurocopter. We are mainly excited that representatives from the Toyota plant will be present and looking for employees to hire," said Towanda Williams, MUW assistant director of career services.
Applicants are encouraged to bring their resumes as well as be dressed for the part, Williams added, noting that some employers may be ready to hire on the spot.
Employers interested in setting up a booth, should register online at the Mississippi Governor''s Job Fair Network at www.jobsfairs.ms.gov or at muw.edu/career. The registration fee is $150. There are additional fees for electrical outlets, breakfast and lunch.
Checks should be payable to MUW Office of Career Services and mailed to Mississippi University for Women, 1100 College St. MUW 1624, Columbus, MS 39701-5800.
For additional information, contact Williams at 662-241-6786, fax 662-329-7192 or e-mail email@example.com. You may also log on to www.muw.edu/careerservices.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY