October 16, 2010 9:19:00 PM
Two women suffered non-critical injuries Friday after their cars collided on Bluecutt Road in Columbus.
Estelle Diane Johnson, 38, of Caledonia, was waiting to make a left turn onto Chubby Drive when her car was rear-ended by 79-year-old Virginia Robertson at about 9:30 a.m.
The impact pushed Johnson''s Ford Focus SES forward and sent Robertson''s black Toyota Avalon XL into a road-side ditch.
Both Johnson and Robertson were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in stable condition.
Johnson was sore and complained of her back hurting, while Robertson had a cut on her arm and high blood pressure, according to Columbus police officers on the scene.
Besides the damage to the victims'' vehicles, a police squad car driven by Officer A. Adams blew a radiator on the way to the scene.
Adams was able to respond to the wreck before his car broke down.
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY