October 16, 2010 9:19:00 PM
Two women suffered non-critical injuries Friday after their cars collided on Bluecutt Road in Columbus.
Estelle Diane Johnson, 38, of Caledonia, was waiting to make a left turn onto Chubby Drive when her car was rear-ended by 79-year-old Virginia Robertson at about 9:30 a.m.
The impact pushed Johnson''s Ford Focus SES forward and sent Robertson''s black Toyota Avalon XL into a road-side ditch.
Both Johnson and Robertson were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in stable condition.
Johnson was sore and complained of her back hurting, while Robertson had a cut on her arm and high blood pressure, according to Columbus police officers on the scene.
Besides the damage to the victims'' vehicles, a police squad car driven by Officer A. Adams blew a radiator on the way to the scene.
Adams was able to respond to the wreck before his car broke down.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY