October 16, 2010 9:19:00 PM
Two women suffered non-critical injuries Friday after their cars collided on Bluecutt Road in Columbus.
Estelle Diane Johnson, 38, of Caledonia, was waiting to make a left turn onto Chubby Drive when her car was rear-ended by 79-year-old Virginia Robertson at about 9:30 a.m.
The impact pushed Johnson''s Ford Focus SES forward and sent Robertson''s black Toyota Avalon XL into a road-side ditch.
Both Johnson and Robertson were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in stable condition.
Johnson was sore and complained of her back hurting, while Robertson had a cut on her arm and high blood pressure, according to Columbus police officers on the scene.
Besides the damage to the victims'' vehicles, a police squad car driven by Officer A. Adams blew a radiator on the way to the scene.
Adams was able to respond to the wreck before his car broke down.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY