October 16, 2010 9:19:00 PM
Two women suffered non-critical injuries Friday after their cars collided on Bluecutt Road in Columbus.
Estelle Diane Johnson, 38, of Caledonia, was waiting to make a left turn onto Chubby Drive when her car was rear-ended by 79-year-old Virginia Robertson at about 9:30 a.m.
The impact pushed Johnson''s Ford Focus SES forward and sent Robertson''s black Toyota Avalon XL into a road-side ditch.
Both Johnson and Robertson were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in stable condition.
Johnson was sore and complained of her back hurting, while Robertson had a cut on her arm and high blood pressure, according to Columbus police officers on the scene.
Besides the damage to the victims'' vehicles, a police squad car driven by Officer A. Adams blew a radiator on the way to the scene.
Adams was able to respond to the wreck before his car broke down.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY