October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The city of Starkville''s transportation committee is inviting the public to attend a meeting this evening at the Gillespie Street Center to discuss sidewalks and other accessibility needs around town.
The committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the building at 610 E. Gillespie St. At the meeting, the committee will give a short presentation on the city''s sidewalk ordinance as it is enforced today and what amendments the committee has proposed for consideration by the Starkville Board of Aldermen. Citizens then will be able to provide feedback to the committee.
Earlier this month the Board of Aldermen sent the proposed amendments back to the transportation committee because it wanted more input from citizens and builders in the area. The committee is made up of one citizen from each of the city''s seven wards. City Engineer Edward Kemp serves in an advisory capacity and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas is the board''s liaison to the committee.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in jail STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY