October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The city of Starkville''s transportation committee is inviting the public to attend a meeting this evening at the Gillespie Street Center to discuss sidewalks and other accessibility needs around town.
The committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the building at 610 E. Gillespie St. At the meeting, the committee will give a short presentation on the city''s sidewalk ordinance as it is enforced today and what amendments the committee has proposed for consideration by the Starkville Board of Aldermen. Citizens then will be able to provide feedback to the committee.
Earlier this month the Board of Aldermen sent the proposed amendments back to the transportation committee because it wanted more input from citizens and builders in the area. The committee is made up of one citizen from each of the city''s seven wards. City Engineer Edward Kemp serves in an advisory capacity and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas is the board''s liaison to the committee.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY