October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The city of Starkville''s transportation committee is inviting the public to attend a meeting this evening at the Gillespie Street Center to discuss sidewalks and other accessibility needs around town.
The committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the building at 610 E. Gillespie St. At the meeting, the committee will give a short presentation on the city''s sidewalk ordinance as it is enforced today and what amendments the committee has proposed for consideration by the Starkville Board of Aldermen. Citizens then will be able to provide feedback to the committee.
Earlier this month the Board of Aldermen sent the proposed amendments back to the transportation committee because it wanted more input from citizens and builders in the area. The committee is made up of one citizen from each of the city''s seven wards. City Engineer Edward Kemp serves in an advisory capacity and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas is the board''s liaison to the committee.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY