October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The Columbus Police Department will hear citizens concerns and suggestions about crime prevention at a citywide meeting in the Trotter Convention Center tonight at 6.
The hour- to two-hour meeting, which is the first of many hosted by the city, will emphasize crime prevention, especially in the holiday season, said police Public Information Officer Terrie Songer.
"Everybody in the city and even outside the city should come because crime is a community problem," she said.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY