October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The Columbus Police Department will hear citizens concerns and suggestions about crime prevention at a citywide meeting in the Trotter Convention Center tonight at 6.
The hour- to two-hour meeting, which is the first of many hosted by the city, will emphasize crime prevention, especially in the holiday season, said police Public Information Officer Terrie Songer.
"Everybody in the city and even outside the city should come because crime is a community problem," she said.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY