October 21, 2010 10:56:00 AM
The Columbus Police Department will hear citizens concerns and suggestions about crime prevention at a citywide meeting in the Trotter Convention Center tonight at 6.
The hour- to two-hour meeting, which is the first of many hosted by the city, will emphasize crime prevention, especially in the holiday season, said police Public Information Officer Terrie Songer.
"Everybody in the city and even outside the city should come because crime is a community problem," she said.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY