November 10, 2010 10:44:00 AM
The public is invited to a meeting of the Starkville transportation committee Thursday at the Starkville Sportsplex on Lynn Lane.
The committee, made up of one citizen from each of Starkville''s seven wards, will discuss the city''s controversial sidewalk ordinance and possible amendments to the document. The group also plans to discuss the drafting of a report on recent findings and public comments, and possible incentives for sidewalk construction.
Time will be allotted for public comment.
The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. and will take place in the activities room at the Sportsplex, located at 405 Lynn Lane.
1. Wait joins Dispatch staff as new MSU reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Heiselt leaving Starkville school board, recommends Myles to post STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. SMART splits Boardtown route, adds new stops for residents STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Same-sex marriage: Local counties prepared to issue licenses COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus author wins prize for legal fiction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY