April 2, 2009
The following felony arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office:
Monroe County arrests
The Monroe County Sheriff''s Department has arrested a man for alleged felony child abuse.
Justin Garza, 23, of 30063 New Road in Amory was arrested on one count of felony child abuse after a March 25 report accusing Garza of beating a 3-year-old child with an object and leaving 14 marks on the child''s body. The report was filed by the child''s mother.
Bond for Garza was set at $5,000.
- The MCSD also reported the arrest of a man who is charged with selling equipment stolen from a Monroe County Church. Investigators charged Christopher Lee Locket, 20, with one count felony receiving stolen property. Law enforcement officials say Lockett was caught selling stolen sound equipment to a pawn shop in Verona.
His bond was also set at $5,000.
- Lance A. Cockerham, 37, of 40330 Hwy 45 South in Hamilton was arrested by the MCSD Tuesday on one count felony possession of marijuana, more than one ounce.
Joe commented at 4/2/2009 1:00:00 PM:
I think you got the date wrong in the headline.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY