November 29, 2010 9:36:00 AM
Authorities are looking for a rape suspect, who posed as a police officer to attack his victim, the Pickens County, Ala., Sheriff''s Department reported this morning.
"Friday night, we had a lady report that she was pulled over by a blue light on Highway 14 inside Pickens County, just outside the Mississippi state line between Pickensville and Columbus, Miss.," Pickens County Sheriff David Abston said.
The victim reported she was raped, and was taken to Pickens County Medical Center for treatment. She was released without serious injuries.
The victim described her attacker as a white male with long blond hair, about 6 feet and 2 inches tall.
The incident happened at around 10 p.m.; the victim was driving east toward Pickensville.
"We believe this to be an impostor," Abston said of the man, who likely was driving an SUV. The victim was unsure of the make.
Abston advised anyone driving alone and being pulled over in an empty area, to drive the speed limit to a well-lit, populated area.
The sheriff''s department had no leads in the case as of this morning.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should call the Pickens County Sheriff''s Department at 205-367-2000.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY