November 29, 2010 9:36:00 AM
Authorities are looking for a rape suspect, who posed as a police officer to attack his victim, the Pickens County, Ala., Sheriff''s Department reported this morning.
"Friday night, we had a lady report that she was pulled over by a blue light on Highway 14 inside Pickens County, just outside the Mississippi state line between Pickensville and Columbus, Miss.," Pickens County Sheriff David Abston said.
The victim reported she was raped, and was taken to Pickens County Medical Center for treatment. She was released without serious injuries.
The victim described her attacker as a white male with long blond hair, about 6 feet and 2 inches tall.
The incident happened at around 10 p.m.; the victim was driving east toward Pickensville.
"We believe this to be an impostor," Abston said of the man, who likely was driving an SUV. The victim was unsure of the make.
Abston advised anyone driving alone and being pulled over in an empty area, to drive the speed limit to a well-lit, populated area.
The sheriff''s department had no leads in the case as of this morning.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should call the Pickens County Sheriff''s Department at 205-367-2000.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY