December 2, 2010 12:17:00 PM
An anonymous gift of $1.5 million will be used to endow a chair of finance in the College of Business at Mississippi State University for the late Jack R. Lee.
MSU President Mark Keenum says the chair will be supported by an endowment from which earnings will provide a salary supplement and additional financial support for activities of the its holder.
Lee, who died in 2008, retired in 1998 as president, chairman and CEO of Tower Loan.
Lee has been credited with overseeing development of the first stand-alone/online consumer loan computer system in the nation, the establishment of two credit insurance companies and the company''s expansion from 13 to 77 branch offices. He began his career with Aetna Finance in 1962.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY