December 2, 2010 12:17:00 PM
A 17-year-old man was hit in the nose with a beer bottle outside a downtown nightclub early today, according to Columbus police.
The victim left the Elks Lodge at 916 16th St. N. shortly before 1 a.m. today and was confronted and attacked by a group of men, said police Public Information Officer Terrie Songer.
He was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, bleeding from his nose.
No one is in custody yet for the aggravated assault, Songer said. Police are unsure why the victim was attacked.
This is at least the second violent incident at the lodge this year.
kj commented at 12/3/2010 10:44:00 AM:
Wouldn't this be better characterized as a northside neighborhood bar? It's not really "downtown." I mean, 9 blocks from Main St. and 11 blocks from 5th is a LOT of distance from the corner of 5th and Main. There's no danger that Market Street is going to expanding there, for instance. Characterizing it as a downtown nightclub would lead most people to believe that you're referring to one of about 7 establishments at most.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Arrest report 5-4-16 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha County picks industrial park plan, pledges $7M toward development STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY