December 4, 2010 10:15:00 PM
A community breakfast will be held this week to benefit Starkville native Cpl. Timothy Read, who was injured recently while serving in Afghanistan.
The second monthly Step Up! Starkville Community Breakfast will take place Wednesday from 7-9 a.m. at the Starkville Sportsplex on Lynn Lane. Courage is the theme of the breakfast.
"Tim completely represents courage in more ways than one and that is why we want to support him and his family through this breakfast ...," said Magan O''Nan, breakfast organizer and founder of The O''Nan Project for Change.
The event is free, but suggested donations of $5 will be accepted at the door. Gulf States Manufacturing is donating a Marine crest and a local artist is donating a piece for an auction to benefit Read and his family. All proceeds from the event will go to the Read family.
Karen Johns, a Junior Olympic softball coach, and Bill Buckley, Mississippi State University''s Fellowship of Christian Athletes director, will speak at the breakfast.
The Starkville Sportsplex is located at 405 Lynn Lane. For more information on the breakfast, call 662-312-3854, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.onanproject.com.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS