December 8, 2010 10:20:00 AM
BILOXI - A gray and white cat has been reunited with its Mississippi family, five years after wandering away when their home lacked electricity after Hurricane Katrina.
The Humane Society of South Mississippi says Scrub was identified by an implanted microchip. The 7-year-old cat was brought to the shelter by a Gulfport woman who''d fed him as a stray the past couple of months but worried about him during a cold snap.
Scrub''s owner, Jennifer Noble, tells The Sun Herald she thought the Humane Society had the wrong cat when a worker left a message last week.
The woman who''d been feeding him lives about 15 miles from the Noble family.
Noble says Scrub is in excellent condition, other than a small chunk missing from one ear and a scar on the other.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY