December 8, 2010 10:20:00 AM
BILOXI - A gray and white cat has been reunited with its Mississippi family, five years after wandering away when their home lacked electricity after Hurricane Katrina.
The Humane Society of South Mississippi says Scrub was identified by an implanted microchip. The 7-year-old cat was brought to the shelter by a Gulfport woman who''d fed him as a stray the past couple of months but worried about him during a cold snap.
Scrub''s owner, Jennifer Noble, tells The Sun Herald she thought the Humane Society had the wrong cat when a worker left a message last week.
The woman who''d been feeding him lives about 15 miles from the Noble family.
Noble says Scrub is in excellent condition, other than a small chunk missing from one ear and a scar on the other.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY