April 7, 2009
STARKVILLE -- One of television''s most recognizable high school principals, Dennis Haskins, probably best known as Mr. Richard Belding from "Saved by the Bell," will visit Mississippi State University Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., for a free, public presentation. Sponsored by the MSU Campus Activities Board, the event will be held in Lee Hall Auditorium.
Before his foray into acting, Haskins, 58, briefly worked as a concert promoter, associating with the likes of Earth, Wind and Fire and Tom Jones. In the late 1980s, Haskins was cast as Belding on NBC''s No. 1 Saturday morning hit, "Saved by the Bell." He portrayed the principal of Bayside High for 11 years
Although he''s most known for his role as America''s favorite principle, Haskins can boast a wide variety of film, television and stage credits with guest appearances on "The Dukes of Hazzard," "7th Heaven," "West Wing" and "The Practice." Most recently, he appeared on FX''s "It''s Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
Haskins is a University of Tennessee at Chattanooga alumni and a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Haskins now tours the country, visiting college and high school campuses. His appearances embrace the Belding character and include a motivational message, question-and-answer session and autograph-signing.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY