April 7, 2009
STARKVILLE -- One of television''s most recognizable high school principals, Dennis Haskins, probably best known as Mr. Richard Belding from "Saved by the Bell," will visit Mississippi State University Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., for a free, public presentation. Sponsored by the MSU Campus Activities Board, the event will be held in Lee Hall Auditorium.
Before his foray into acting, Haskins, 58, briefly worked as a concert promoter, associating with the likes of Earth, Wind and Fire and Tom Jones. In the late 1980s, Haskins was cast as Belding on NBC''s No. 1 Saturday morning hit, "Saved by the Bell." He portrayed the principal of Bayside High for 11 years
Although he''s most known for his role as America''s favorite principle, Haskins can boast a wide variety of film, television and stage credits with guest appearances on "The Dukes of Hazzard," "7th Heaven," "West Wing" and "The Practice." Most recently, he appeared on FX''s "It''s Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
Haskins is a University of Tennessee at Chattanooga alumni and a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Haskins now tours the country, visiting college and high school campuses. His appearances embrace the Belding character and include a motivational message, question-and-answer session and autograph-signing.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY