January 17, 2011 11:49:00 AM
A Sunday evening car wreck sent five people to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Around 9:30 p.m., a 1995 Chevrolet S-10 driven by Anthony Jackson, 22, of Birmingham, traveling east on Highway 50, collided with a 2003 Toyota Corolla driven by a teen headed north on Tabernacle Road.
Brian Mobley with the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported the Corolla failed to yield the right of way to the S-10, making a left turn in front of the truck and causing the truck to strike the side of the car.
Jackson had a 21-year-old male passenger with him and the teen, a male, had two 15-year-old female passengers in the car. All were transported by ambulance to BMH-GT.
Mobley reported all of the individuals had "moderate injuries," but was unaware of their current conditions. All were wearing seat belts.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Hope senior, Ole Miss signee arrested for stealing guns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Trainer: Wet N Wild deal unlikely until lake repairs are made STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators looking into suspicious package delivered to Oby's STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY