January 17, 2011 11:49:00 AM
A Sunday evening car wreck sent five people to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Around 9:30 p.m., a 1995 Chevrolet S-10 driven by Anthony Jackson, 22, of Birmingham, traveling east on Highway 50, collided with a 2003 Toyota Corolla driven by a teen headed north on Tabernacle Road.
Brian Mobley with the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported the Corolla failed to yield the right of way to the S-10, making a left turn in front of the truck and causing the truck to strike the side of the car.
Jackson had a 21-year-old male passenger with him and the teen, a male, had two 15-year-old female passengers in the car. All were transported by ambulance to BMH-GT.
Mobley reported all of the individuals had "moderate injuries," but was unaware of their current conditions. All were wearing seat belts.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY