January 17, 2011 11:49:00 AM
A Sunday evening car wreck sent five people to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Around 9:30 p.m., a 1995 Chevrolet S-10 driven by Anthony Jackson, 22, of Birmingham, traveling east on Highway 50, collided with a 2003 Toyota Corolla driven by a teen headed north on Tabernacle Road.
Brian Mobley with the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported the Corolla failed to yield the right of way to the S-10, making a left turn in front of the truck and causing the truck to strike the side of the car.
Jackson had a 21-year-old male passenger with him and the teen, a male, had two 15-year-old female passengers in the car. All were transported by ambulance to BMH-GT.
Mobley reported all of the individuals had "moderate injuries," but was unaware of their current conditions. All were wearing seat belts.
1. EMCC's radio station breaking new ground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bulldogs are No. 6 seed in NCAA tourney STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Highway 182 corridor development meeting set STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Photo: Remembering the fallen STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 25 students begin summer job program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY