January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Suspect in Wednesday shooting turns himself in COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photo: Highway 69 wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. City wants to operate firing range, supes say 'No' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Domestic dispute call leads to arson charge STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY