January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. State road inspectors embark on annual maintenance trip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Welty Symposium kicks off with story of truths, lies and child brides COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY