January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Hope senior, Ole Miss signee arrested for stealing guns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Trainer: Wet N Wild deal unlikely until lake repairs are made STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators looking into suspicious package delivered to Oby's STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY