January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY