January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY