January 17, 2011 1:17:00 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Robert Bentley has made the transition from physician and state legislator to Alabama''s governor.
The 67-year-old Bentley took the oath of office in front of the state Capitol on Monday. He placed his hand on the Alabama State Bible, which has been used by every Alabama governor since 1853.
The front of the Capitol was decorated with banners depicting the sunrise of a new day in Alabama government.
Shortly before Bentley took the oath of office, gray clouds gave way to sunshine in downtown Montgomery.
1. Woman dies after parking lot shooting in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY