January 17, 2011 2:44:00 PM
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Emergency officials say a 36-year-old Madison County man died after falling about 20 feet from a deer stand.
Huntsville Emergency Medical Services officials say Johnny Hudson was pronounced dead at the scene on Sunday afternoon.
The Madison County Sheriff''s Office says the accident happened behind a residence. They say Hudson was hunting in a tree stand behind a family member''s home when he fell.
Emergency crews, including HEMSI''s High Angle Rescue Team, responded to the scene. HEMSI says Hudson died from head injuries.
kj commented at 1/18/2011 8:23:00 AM:
Nobody needs a safety strap til they really need a safety strap. If you're hunting without one, you're taking a completely unnecessary risk.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY