January 17, 2011 2:44:00 PM
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Emergency officials say a 36-year-old Madison County man died after falling about 20 feet from a deer stand.
Huntsville Emergency Medical Services officials say Johnny Hudson was pronounced dead at the scene on Sunday afternoon.
The Madison County Sheriff''s Office says the accident happened behind a residence. They say Hudson was hunting in a tree stand behind a family member''s home when he fell.
Emergency crews, including HEMSI''s High Angle Rescue Team, responded to the scene. HEMSI says Hudson died from head injuries.
kj commented at 1/18/2011 8:23:00 AM:
Nobody needs a safety strap til they really need a safety strap. If you're hunting without one, you're taking a completely unnecessary risk.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY