January 17, 2011 2:44:00 PM
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Emergency officials say a 36-year-old Madison County man died after falling about 20 feet from a deer stand.
Huntsville Emergency Medical Services officials say Johnny Hudson was pronounced dead at the scene on Sunday afternoon.
The Madison County Sheriff''s Office says the accident happened behind a residence. They say Hudson was hunting in a tree stand behind a family member''s home when he fell.
Emergency crews, including HEMSI''s High Angle Rescue Team, responded to the scene. HEMSI says Hudson died from head injuries.
kj commented at 1/18/2011 8:23:00 AM:
Nobody needs a safety strap til they really need a safety strap. If you're hunting without one, you're taking a completely unnecessary risk.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY