January 17, 2011 2:48:00 PM
DORA, Ala. -- Two of four Mississippi University for Women students killed a year ago in a fire at a Hoover motel were honored at the high school where they had graduated seven months earlier.
The Jasper Daily Mountain Eagle reported that about 40 people gathered Saturday at Dora High School to offer poems, songs and to recite scripture to family members of cousins Catherine Ann Muse and Alondan "Angel" Turner. Muse and Turner were 2009 graduates of Dora High and were students at MUW.
They were killed in the Jan. 16, 2010 fire at the Days Inn Motel in Hoover. Also killed were two of their college classmates, 18-year-old Jamelia Brown of Grenada, Miss. and 19-year-old Jaslynn McGee of Corinth, Miss. The four friends had come to Hoover on a shopping trip.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY