January 17, 2011 2:48:00 PM
DORA, Ala. -- Two of four Mississippi University for Women students killed a year ago in a fire at a Hoover motel were honored at the high school where they had graduated seven months earlier.
The Jasper Daily Mountain Eagle reported that about 40 people gathered Saturday at Dora High School to offer poems, songs and to recite scripture to family members of cousins Catherine Ann Muse and Alondan "Angel" Turner. Muse and Turner were 2009 graduates of Dora High and were students at MUW.
They were killed in the Jan. 16, 2010 fire at the Days Inn Motel in Hoover. Also killed were two of their college classmates, 18-year-old Jamelia Brown of Grenada, Miss. and 19-year-old Jaslynn McGee of Corinth, Miss. The four friends had come to Hoover on a shopping trip.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY