January 20, 2011 10:03:00 AM
TUPELO - Bond has been set at $1 million for a man charged with murder in a slaying on Monday in the Pratts community of Lee County.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says the shooting reportedly occurred during a dispute over where a camper was parked.
Johnson says bond for 64-year-old Freddy Kennedy in the death of Craig Mink was set Wednesday by Justice Court Judge Pat Carr.
Johnson says Kennedy lived in a camper that was parked on Mink''s land behind his home.
Johnson says during an argument over where the camper was parked, Mink was shot three times. His body was found in the camper. He says Kennedy was arrested at the scene.
Kennedy was being held in the Lee County jail.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY