January 20, 2011 10:03:00 AM
TUPELO - Bond has been set at $1 million for a man charged with murder in a slaying on Monday in the Pratts community of Lee County.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says the shooting reportedly occurred during a dispute over where a camper was parked.
Johnson says bond for 64-year-old Freddy Kennedy in the death of Craig Mink was set Wednesday by Justice Court Judge Pat Carr.
Johnson says Kennedy lived in a camper that was parked on Mink''s land behind his home.
Johnson says during an argument over where the camper was parked, Mink was shot three times. His body was found in the camper. He says Kennedy was arrested at the scene.
Kennedy was being held in the Lee County jail.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Industrial park bonds set for fall issuance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY