January 20, 2011 10:03:00 AM
TUPELO - Bond has been set at $1 million for a man charged with murder in a slaying on Monday in the Pratts community of Lee County.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says the shooting reportedly occurred during a dispute over where a camper was parked.
Johnson says bond for 64-year-old Freddy Kennedy in the death of Craig Mink was set Wednesday by Justice Court Judge Pat Carr.
Johnson says Kennedy lived in a camper that was parked on Mink''s land behind his home.
Johnson says during an argument over where the camper was parked, Mink was shot three times. His body was found in the camper. He says Kennedy was arrested at the scene.
Kennedy was being held in the Lee County jail.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY