January 20, 2011 10:03:00 AM
TUPELO - Bond has been set at $1 million for a man charged with murder in a slaying on Monday in the Pratts community of Lee County.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says the shooting reportedly occurred during a dispute over where a camper was parked.
Johnson says bond for 64-year-old Freddy Kennedy in the death of Craig Mink was set Wednesday by Justice Court Judge Pat Carr.
Johnson says Kennedy lived in a camper that was parked on Mink''s land behind his home.
Johnson says during an argument over where the camper was parked, Mink was shot three times. His body was found in the camper. He says Kennedy was arrested at the scene.
Kennedy was being held in the Lee County jail.
1. MUW janitor faces child molestation charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man arrested on kidnapping, sexual assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Kitchens expected to rule on Gibbs case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY