January 22, 2011 9:38:00 PM
Major Leslie A. Janovec, chaplain of the 14th Flying Training Wing of the Columbus Air Force Base, will be the guest speaker at the 11th annual Community Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, Feb. 3.
The prayer breakfast will serve as a medium for club and community members to gather in support of individuals in Columbus and around the world in need of prayer. It will also recognize national leaders and the men and women serving in the armed forces at home and overseas.
Janovec directs a ministry staff of five active duty, one IMA reserve chaplain and six contractors in support of the 14th Flying Training Wing mission. She is responsible for the total religious and spiritual ministry to over 3,000 military and family members assigned to CAFB.
She advises commanders on religious, spiritual, moral, ethical and quality of life issues affecting base personnel. She coordinates with local clergy and religious leaders to promote mutual support between the military and civilian communities. Chaplain Janovec oversees the spiritual needs of both the Catholic and Protestant communities on base.
Breakfast starts at 7 a.m. and will be held at the Columbus Country Club. The buffet is $10.
RSVP by contacting Tina Barnett by phone at 662-329-7148 or e-mail at [email protected]
Attendees are asked to respond no later than noon on Monday, Jan. 31. Early responses are encouraged.
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY