January 25, 2011 10:32:00 AM
PONTOTOC - Enerkem Corp. has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80 million loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture for construction of its waste-to-biofuels plant in Pontotoc County.
Enerkem, headquartered in Montreal, received a $50 million U.S. Department of Energy grant in 2009 to help build and operate the plant. The plant is expected to produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste.
The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program.
1. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY