January 25, 2011 10:32:00 AM
PONTOTOC - Enerkem Corp. has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80 million loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture for construction of its waste-to-biofuels plant in Pontotoc County.
Enerkem, headquartered in Montreal, received a $50 million U.S. Department of Energy grant in 2009 to help build and operate the plant. The plant is expected to produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste.
The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program.
1. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Arrest report 10-23-17 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dream flights: Vets treated to a spin in vintage WWII plane COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. AG's Office spot checks for underage drinking STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY