January 29, 2011 9:06:00 PM
Three people were arrested Friday after authorities discovered a methamphetamine lab at a home on Warpath Road, police said.
Narcotics officers were dispatched to 719 Warpath Road Friday when Waste Management employees were collecting trash at the residence and materials began to smoke as they were emptied into the truck, Columbus Police Department Public Information Officer Terrie Songer said Saturday. Investigators obtained a warrant to search the home shortly thereafter, Songer said.
After searching the home, police charged Kirby Dies, 37, of 2995 New Hope Road, with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine.
The owner of the home, Jeannine Malkawi, 49, arrived while investigators were on the scene and was arrested for violating probation. Malkawi was on probation for forgery charges from 2008, Songer said.
A woman at the home, Teresa Bryant, 51, of 2995 New Hope Road, also was arrested for violating probation. Bryant was on probation for sale of a controlled substance charges from 2008 and 2009, Songer said.
Another woman at the home was not charged, Songer said. Additional details on the arrests were not available.
southside commented at 1/30/2011 12:54:00 PM:
People! People! When engaged in criminal activities, dispose of your own trash!
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY