The Mississippi Department of Public Safety is seeking 45 percent more money from the state general fund for the coming year, a far-larger increase than any other agency has requested during this week's state budget hearings.
A Lowndes County couple was arrested Monday after they led law enforcement on a high-speed chase through Columbus.
A single-vehicle accident at McDonald's Tuesday killed a Mississippi State University freshman and landed the truck's driver, who was also the victim's roommate, behind bars.
Columbus councilman Bill Gavin's motion to require any city employee or official wishing to travel on taxpayer money to submit a written request and cost estimate will be reviewed in a future meeting.
A community-wide health initiative will soon be taking place in Lowndes County. Passport to Wellness is a year-long initiative sponsored by Mississippi University for Women that partners with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation and local schools.
Starkville aldermen moved up a pending pay raise for themselves and Mayor Parker Wiseman by a year Tuesday while at the same time codifying a 1.98-mill property tax increase.
The Columbus city council approved a loan from Mississippi Development Bank to finance the cost of Trotter Convention Center renovations Tuesday.
1. Man arrested for walking onto field during Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CVB purchases Elks Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bell ringers and Angel Trees: Volunteers and donations still needed by Salvation Army COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors donate land for new Communiversity site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. For Amos, a goodbye to drug court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY