Flu season has officially arrived in Mississippi. The Mississippi State Department of Health released a press release Tuesday confirming the first cases of influenza in the state.
The Commission on Starkville School District Structure approved its agenda Tuesday for Nov. 7's public hearing, a meeting which will focus on the group's tentative plan to successfully merge Oktibbeha County and SSD students into one unified system in 2015.
Interim Oktibbeha County Prosecutor Haley Brown holds a significant lead in campaign financing over her two opponents, Brace Knox and Matthew Wilson, outpacing both in donations and expenses used toward Nov. 5's special election, documentation shows.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY