When the Historic Preservation Commission meets next week, one of the matters they will take up is whether to approve the installation of five bus stops and shelters within Columbus historic districts.
A Montana judge on Wednesday stood by his decision to send a former teacher to prison for 30 days for raping a 14-year-old girl who later killed herself, but said he "deserved to be chastised" for his comments about the young victim.
More than two dozen body shops are asking a Mississippi court to block an insurance company's program that would change the way they find auto parts.
A Moss Point man was sentenced to 20 years behind bars in Lowndes County Circuit Court on Tuesday for drug-related charges.
A court order is asking Twitter to furnish the district attorney's office with personal information -- name, IP addresses and other details -- associated with a social media account satirizing Ward 3 Alderman David Little, documents obtained by the Dispatch show.
A 10-year fee-in-lieu agreement between Caledonia Generating and Lowndes County ends this year, meaning the company will pay full ad valorem taxes to the county beginning with the next fiscal year
The Lowndes County board of supervisors is encouraging the county school board to lower its budget request for the 2013-14 school year.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY