Columbus police, as of press time today, were seeking a suspect in a shooting that occurred Wednesday near a convenience store.
In May, a 5-year-old Columbus business will move downtown.
Mississippi's Community College Board is likely to restart its search for an executive director after the candidate favored by half the 10-member board withdrew following a five-month stalemate over hiring her.
A massive search by local law enforcement and other volunteer agencies concluded Wednesday when Lena Mae Harrell was found in good health.
A huge, quirky collection of Elvis Presley memorabilia is about to be auctioned off piece-by-piece.
Congressional Republicans are divided over how to respond to an approaching Supreme Court decision on President Barack Obama's health care law, even as growing numbers concede that their long-sought goal of repealing the statute will have to wait.
Spencer Swanigan's son woke him early Saturday morning. The police were at the door.
There is an ongoing debate in Columbus involving elected officials, the police department and judges about the role bond amounts should play in the city's pursuit of deterring crime.
Terry Brown continues to be remembered and recognized by the Legislature.
The competition for high-speed, residential Internet customers in Starkville is now a battle between two companies with differing business approaches to the emerging market.
The Hyatt Place in Columbus will host Gallery Night to benefit Columbus and Lowndes County schools from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
Nepali students at Mississippi University for Women will hold a candlelight vigil Thursday for their native country.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY